Anderson University and the Church of God Movement (Anderson, IN) have a rich heritage. The Anderson University & Church of God Archives focuses on collecting, arranging, preserving and describing historical records, such as letters, manuscripts, photographs, and reports, so that they may be accessed for research.
For information on collections and items held by the archives, see the archives catalog. For an overview of archives subject matter and policies, see the archives guide. For materials viewable online, follow links in the sections below.
- Online Collections
- Collections of digital materials available for perusing online and downloading. These mostly consist of digitized items (such as periodicals and other publications) that the archives holds in physical collections and has digitized for ease of access.
- Gospel Trumpet - The Gospel Trumpet (later Vital Christianity) was the primary publishing vehicle for the Church of God from 1881-2007. It is an ideal research tool for those interested in learning more about the prominent leaders, historical events, or unique beliefs that helped lay the foundation for what is now the Church of God. Note that copyrighted issues (1924 and later) are accessible only on campus or to current faculty, staff, and students of Anderson University. Off-campus users with these credentials can access these materials by logging in here.
- Church of God Yearbook - Annual minister’s list and index of congregations and vital statistics for the Church of God. Note that volumes are embargoed until five years after publication date.
- The Andersonian - Historical issues of Anderson University’s student run newspaper. Issues become available here five years after publication.
- Echoes - Anderson University's annual yearbook (ceased publishing in 2007).
- Alumni magazines - A variety of historical alumni publications (mostly 1920s-1950s) that existed prior to the publication of the current alumni magazine, Signatures.
- AU Undergraduate Scholarship - Scholarship produced by Anderson students, including honors theses, Scholars’ Day papers, and senior chapel speeches.
- Historical photographs - Photographs from Church of God and Anderson College history.
- Online Exhibits
- Online exhibits feature curated materials (such as photographs and digital documents) exploring various themes and placing them into historical context. These may serve as introductions to topics our materials relate to or first steps to researchers.
- 100 Years of Campus Buildings - Centennial exhibit detailing buildings and features on Anderson University campus.
- AU & CHOG periodicals - Exhibit detailing the history of publications issued by Anderson University and the Church of God generally.
- Black and White Relations in the Church of God - Exhibit providing an overview of race issues in the history of Church of God movement and Anderson University.
- Early Church of God Attitudes toward Vaccination - An exhibit focusing on early Church of God leadership's attitude toward modern medicine and particularly vaccination in light of an emphasis on divine healing.
- Notable Individuals - An exhibit highlighting collections the archives holds of notable individuals.
- History of AU Presidents - An exhibit providing a timeline and overview of the history of university presidents.
Nic Don Stanton-Roark
Email Nic Don
Phone: (765) 641-4285